Name: Colin Wright
Weight Class: 120kg
What Are Your Most Notable Achievements?
- IPF Classic Masters 1 overall World Champion 2014
- GBPF Masters 1 120kg champion 2012,13,14,15
- GBPF Senior 120kg champion 2013
- GBPF Senior 120kg 2nd place 2014
- NIPF Masters 1 120kg champion and best lifter 2011/12/14/15
- GBPF record squat/deadlift/total
- Commonwealth record deadlift/total
- NIPF Senior and Masters1 record holder
- IPF Classic Open world championships 2013/suzdal 10th place
What Are You Best Lifts Lifts?
Squat : 302.5kg squat IPF Classic 2014
Bench Press: 180kg bench NIPF bench only
Deadlift : 320kg deadlift NIPF masters classic 2014
Total: 790kg IPF Classic 2014
What Federation Do You Lift With?
NIPF – GBPF – IPF
I’ve represented Northern Ireland and Great Britain at international level
What Lift Is Your Favourite And Why?
I love to deadlift. I work in a log yard and spend my week lifting big stuff and I guess the movement comes naturally. As I get older I find its the one lift I don’t feel beaten up with after training. It’s also the lift I probably keep progressing with the easiest.
What advice could you give someone to improve this lift?
Get rid of the belt, concentrate on form and keep plugging no matter what mood your in.
What is your worst moment in a meet and greatest moment?
My worst moment in a meet was failing my first two pulls in the IPF Worlds in Suzdal 2013. I opened with 305 and got it on my third attempt. Nearly bombing on my first time on the world stage…
Without a doubt best moment winning the IPF worlds in Potchefstroom South Africa in 2014 was my best meet
How many days a week to you train and what does your training split usually look like?
I train 4 times a week.
What advice would you give to new and young lifters starting powerlifting?
Stay true to yourself and your sport