Name: Nerijus Cekas
Weight Class: 110kg
What Are Your Most Notable Achievements?
- Recently won Mr Olympia pro invitational title in under 110kg category
- WPF World champion in 125kg category 2008 and 2010 and squat record holder 415kg single ply
- GPC World champion raw with wraps 2011 and deadlift record holder in under 125kg category 355kg
- EPC European champion in under 125kg category 2008 and 2011 single ply
What Are You Best Lifts Lifts?
Squat :415kg single ply in under 125kg category / 350kg raw with wraps
390kg single ply in under 110kg category / 330kg raw with wraps
Bench Press: 265kg in under 125kg category / 225kg raw
Deadlift : 355kg single ply in 110kg category / 355kg raw in under 125kg category
What Federation Do You Lift With?
What Lift Is Your Favourite And Why?
Deadlift is my favourite. There is no doubt about this lift like squat depth or locking it out. It’s either you lift it or you drop it!
What advice could you give someone to improve this lift?
To work on perfect lifting form. Do a lot of set’s with weight where you can maintain perfect form.
What is your worst moment in a meet and greatest moment?
Worst moment is when you do less than what was planned.
Best moment when you competing against strong lifters. If you win you on the top of the mountain. If lose you’re super motivated to do better next time!
How many days a week to you train and what does your training split usually look like?
I train 3 to 4 times a week. I take a long brake between heavy squats and deadlifts as possible. I Bench every training day!
What advice would you give to new and young lifters starting powerlifting?
- Work on perfecting movement (squat bench press and deadlift.)
- Don’t chase numbers.
- Everything comes in time.
- Festina lente